What’s running through your mind? Is it the chores you’ll have to do later or maybe ways to end world hunger? All great things to think about but stop for a minute!
When was the last time you thought about yourself or did someone nice for you? Although getting those chores done is great it doesn’t do much for your soul and mind. We at Liberty Active want each and every one of you to be in tip-top shape and that includes body, mind and soul. We have a simple routine consisting of four things you can do to make sure you include self-care into your day.
Your eyes flutter softly as warm, yellow light streams gently into your room.
It’s morning and you know that you’ve got to get up for a day full of things planned. If you’re like me, you’d probably be reaching out for your phone to start scrolling through your socials. Instead of that alone, set out a good 10 minutes to write out a little journal. It may be on your phone or a book or even your Instagram story. Write down what you’d like today to accomplish, how you’re feeling and 3 things that are good about your life. This is where you can check up with yourself by setting today’s goals, validating your emotions and remembering that you’re in a good place. Even if you’re not in the best of moods, be sure to add the 3 good things as this will force you to see the good in every day no matter how horrible.
Munching Words Of Affirmation
You hear your tummy singing songs of hunger as you ponder about today’s lunch.
There isn’t a better time than now to point out all the good and amazing things about yourself (believe me, there’s many 😉). Find the closest mirror, look yourself in the eyes and recite a minimum of five things you like about yourself or things you’ve done right. I can already think of one. The fact that you survived until lunch is already a good cause for celebration. Good job you! Believe me when I say that you deserve as much recognition as the next person. In time, this may even improve your confidence and who doesn’t like confidence.
The big metal beast gleaming in the sun, moon or rain as it gets you from one place to another.
As funny as it may seem, your commute to and from places is a great time for some self-care. It’s great whether you travel alone, with people or in busy public transport. Here are some ideas you can consider:
- Curate an amazing playlist to sing along to. I heard the louder you sing, the better you feel. 😛
- This is the complete opposite from the previous point. Commute in absolute silence. Nowadays, we’re so oversaturated with sounds, noise and music. This will let you be alone with your thoughts and who knows, you might literally think of a way to end world hunger. Whatever it may be, just make sure that you’re safe while commuting!
Travelling with people
- Take this opportunity to check on your family/friends that you’re commuting with and in turn, share a little bit about yourself. Allowing yourself to be heard is one of the most uplifting self-care out there.
- Podcasts are your best friend. Plus, every time you snicker and laugh to yourself, you’ll feel like you’re in on a joke that only you and the podcasters know.
- Take the chance for some simple pampering. Think lip balms or hand creams. What’s even better, you’ll be the queen with the softest hands and silkiest lips.
Free Time, You Time
Tick-tock-tick-tock goes the clock and you feel yourself loosen while waiting for the time that no one can take away.
Set out at least 30 minutes each day for some YOU time. What to do during this period? Literally anything you’d like! It doesn’t matter how busy you’ve been, or how many things you need to get done. You time comes first. Draw yourself that bubble bath or watch that killer Netflix series. You need some time just to exist and appreciate being alive. This is exactly what the self-care doctor prescribed so get that medicine without any guilt. Go on, you know you want to!
This is simply a guide so please be free to add or remove whatever you feel best suits you. In fact, let us know what you’d change about this. We’d love to hear what self-care our LA Girls get up to. Let us know in the comments below or on Instagram. Take care of yourself and do it well! With your mind, body and soul sorted, nothing can get in your way. We’ll be here rooting for you!